Saturday, May 18, 2013

Steps toward salvation...

Tonight I experienced so much JOY and LOVE in one place that I have no words to express how I am feeling. All the love is unconditional and I am accepted because I have a strong belief in Jesus Christ. You see I was baptized. Tomorrow, I will be confirmed as a member of the Church of the Latter Day Saints.
We are all parts of one body, we have the same Spirit, and we have all been called to the same glorious future. For us there is only one Lord, one faith, and one baptism.
I believe that I receive blessings because GOD is a giver. I have faith for new adventures because GOD is an encourager. I know I am fulfilled because GOD is in my life and I follow him.
A few weeks ago I attended a Relief Society luncheon with the theme of 'How to Find your Joy'.  A question was asked of all those that were there.  What brings you JOY?  My answer was the first sprout of a newly planted seed.  With my baptism today, I feel that I am the sprout from the seed which is the Word of Christ in the Book of Mormon.
For years I have been searching for the continuation of the gospel.  There just had to be more!  I had so many questions and no source for the answers.  The L D S missionaries came to my door and they had the answers I was seeking.  They gave me the book of Mormon.  As I read the book one chapter after another I wanted to know in my heart that it was true.  I found that truth in the Book of Jacob Chapter 3 verse 2.  The verse reads as; Oh ye all that are pure of heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of GOD, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.   
I believe that today is my first step on the path that leads me to eternal life with Jesus Christ.  As I stand before you, I am proof that dreams and possibilities are endless when you believe that Jesus Christ is the one true Savior.  In my heart I know this is just the first of many good things to come.  This is my testimony that I submit in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment